References on programming theory

Patrick Premont premont@cs.toronto.edu
Sat, 9 Dec 1995 17:43:05 -0500

This is a followup to my previous message about formalizing
programs and specifications.

I've been asked about references.
The only references I have for now are the textbook for
the course and a PhD thesis from one of Hehner's students. However,
their bibliographies should point to plenty more.

The book (which is a very good starting point):

Eric C. R. Hehner, A practical theory of programming,
Texts and Monographs in Computer Science, Springer Verlag, 1993
ISBN 0-387-94106-1

The thesis :

Theodore S. Norvell, A predicative theory of machine languages and its
application to compiler correctness, University of Toronto, 1994

Patrick