Project organization

Jecel Mattos de Assumpcao Jr. jecel@lsi.usp.br
Thu, 16 Mar 1995 01:56:57 -0300

On Sat, 11 Mar 95 2:06:33 MET Francois-Rene Rideau wrote:
>  as86+m4 code to boot on the i386 architecture.

Neat! I am going to do some 386 boot code myself in about three weeks.
Maybe we can share code and experience :-)

I have been using m4 to automate generating my WWW pages but have been
having problems and will have to drop it. I'll have to learn Perl
instead :-(

>    As you see, the whole distribution is around 400KB, and the mailing list
> archive is 1400KB. Each patch is around 50KB. So I advise you ftp release
> 0.0.0.10 and from then on, subscribe to the patches. This would solve
> both problems of people having slow links or not being able to flush httpd
> cahce (hey, Jecel ;) !

Mosaic fixed the cache problem, but getting a local copy is the best
solution. I will wait until I go to the university before I FTP 400K.

>    What other kind of working methods do you suggest ?

I think that the WWW pages + email is working out well. The problem
is that the project has two people working and a few looking on
( myself included ). The way to fix this is to advertise Tunes so
you have a better chance of more people joining, so hopefully one or
two more will also do real work. This is true in any kind of project:
read Guy Kawasaki's "Selling the Dream".

>    We may develop some convention that would allow automatic annotation
> of documents through messages on the list.

That would help. It is not easy to do as there is an indirection between
the page and the html source.

-- Jecel