Version Numbers

Jecel Mattos de Assumpcao Jr. jecel@lsi.usp.br
Fri, 5 May 1995 22:21:59 -0300

On Fri, 5 May 1995 11:30:18 +0200 rainer@physik3.gwdg.de (Rainer Blome) wrote:
> > [...]
> >    What are good ways to (semi-automatically) group objects into packages
> > of closely-related objects that do not interact as much at all
> > with external objects ? What information must we ask the programmer, must
> > we compute when compiling, must we gather while running, must we forget
> > when freezing, etc ?
>
> This reference deals with that topic:

Sorry to disagree, but the "grouping" in this papers is very different
from what we are talking about here ( I think :-). Ole Agesen was just
trying to recreate at the Self level the class-like information that
exists in the VM and compiler ( called maps ). He wouldn't need to
do this if Self's reflection was less limited.

-- Jecel