My needs for a language/OS

dem@pacificrim.net dem@pacificrim.net
Fri, 2 Feb 1996 13:08:41 -0800 (PST)

1. Everything Fare already said.

2. Every idle nanosecond the system is executing genetic algorithms on
its own code, internal representation, etc, to optimize it. Result: The
longer it runs the faster it goes.  I can at any time redirect
optimizations if I wish a certain part of the system optimized ASAP.
If Tunes added this, its name would have to change, because it would then
be expedient.

3. The computer is semi-intelligent. I can converse with it in my native
language (English), ask it questions about its internal workings, receive
comprehensible answers, and provide it information detailing tasks I need
done by it, and how to do it if necessary.
This is needed,  as it is the ultimate "user-friendliness."  People would
not have to learn a new language in order to communicate with the
computer.

4. Lots of other stuff, but nothing so fundamental.  All my other ideas
are in terms of User interface, specific programs I would like, network
services that do not yet exist,  collaborative media...

David Manifold
dem@pacificrim.net