Scheming

Francois-Rene Rideau rideau@ens.fr
Thu, 8 Feb 1996 03:35:47 +0100 (MET)

Dear joyous Tunespeople,
   Patrick and I are translating the LLL code into Scheme,
with a interpreter for some subset of the experimental HLL.
The work is getting organized,
and because we are the only one seemingly interested into coding,
we're exchanging mail in french,
and hence not posting it on the mailing list.
Please tell me if you want to get involved.
   As soon as some consistent subset of the code emerges,
I'll post a 0.0.0.27 release. Meanwhile, you can still send me
feedback about the previous 0.0.0.25 diffs.

   As for those who like contemplating great code,
the RScheme project that Jecel pointed us recently
(http://www.tkg.com/people/donovan/proj/rs/rscheme.html)
is such great code.
   It already implements most of what we intended the HLL and LLL to do:
A high-level reflective language with "OO" encapsulation,
implemented with "safe-points" real-time gc&multithreading.
Sure it doesn't have dynamic annotations, partial evaluation,
persistent distributed programming, and register-level hardware access;
but it's already a good start.

-- Fare -- rideau@clipper.ens.fr -- Francois-Rene Rideau -- +)ang-Vu Ban --
		   TUNES is a Useful, Not Expedient System
WWW page at URL: "http://www.eleves.ens.fr:8080/home/rideau/Tunes/"