Tunes compiler

David E. Manifold dem@bespin.pacificrim.net
Thu, 7 Mar 1996 23:12:32 +0000 ( )

On Fri, 1 Mar 1996, Patrick Premont wrote:
[snip long conversation]
> sense). It is so abstract that there is nothing to implement. Could
> you try to use the more meaningful terms like interpreter,
> environement, extent, substitution list, storage, logical structure,
> ...  whichever is appropriate in the particular situation ?
>
> This is something which has hindered my understanding of what you
> wrote for a while. Note that the definition of contexts in the
> Glossary is also different. It leans towards the logical structure,
> which is clearly not specified simply by an environement.
>
> Note that I'm focusing on problems here. We agree on many crucial points.
> We should keep that in mind to put the fact that we keep arguing in
> the proper context :)
>
> How about everyone else on the list ? Are you lost ? Do you have comments ?
>
> Patrick

The definition of contexts is too abstract to implement.  Yes.
Your discussion of work on Tunes is beyond me, due to my not knowing any
of the languages mentioned, nor any of the terminology, but my ignorance
is irrelevant.  But I agree with what you said about contexts.

David
dem@pacificrim.net