Tunes ballot

ebiederm@cse.unl.edu ebiederm@cse.unl.edu
Thu, 28 Mar 1996 09:13:44 -0600

   Dear Joyous Tunespeople,
      I know it seems ridiculous to talk about that
   when the project is not advancing,
   but after an exchange of articles on comp.os.misc,
   I was convinced that the project could benefit
   from being released under the GNU Copyleft
   (General Public License, version 2),
   as this would prevent any further problems
   with possible money sharing among distributed members,
   and would allow us to freely steal code from, say, Linux.
      Any objection ?

A small one.  This is good for code, (except maybe libraries) but for
the matter of documents that we seem to generating in the review
project the documents don't quit fit well under the same
liscense.  Anyhow I feel we should look at what kind of copywrite to
put on our published material.  It should allow the writer (possibly
maybe others) to publish their book throuhg the regular channels.  The
best books I've seen on the net were also ones that were cleaned up
and actually printed.  We should check the Linux Doc Project about
this.

      If there is no comment, please vote by private mail, I'll summarize.
      Also, I'd like you to vote about the Tunes Charter
   and its additional "continuity" clauses...

   -- Fare -- rideau@clipper.ens.fr -- Francois-Rene Rideau -- +)ang-Vu Ban --
		      TUNES is a Useful, Not Expedient System
   WWW page at URL: "http://www.eleves.ens.fr:8080/home/rideau/Tunes/"