Reorganization of the languages review page

dufrp@oricom.ca dufrp@oricom.ca
Wed, 5 Mar 1997 03:12:22 +0100 (MET)

I am currently thinking at a way to reorganize the languages page
in 3 tables.
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 21:14:32 -0500

First one, would give each language a unique number, indicate the
month and year of last revision, and a bunch of characteristics,
like object-oriented, pure?, garbage-collection, strong-typing,
etc. Fare have left a good bunch of these characteristics to
look at.

Second would give main usages of the language, indicating if it is
used a lot or not at all for business, mathematics, graphics,
lists, databases, scripts, telecommunications, artificial intelligence,
device controls, pattern-matching, meta-programming language, etc.

Third one, would give for each number define in first one, the names
of the implementations, and on which platforms it exists or is pro-
jected. Probably up to three or for letters by platforms like C=Commercial,
S=Shareware, F=Free, E=Free for Educational. I need your suggestions for
platforms because I don't know much of them.
I know: Dos, Windows, X-Windows, Linux, that's about all I know.

Does it sound good?

Net-Tamer V 1.07X; Beta - Test Drive