What about this?

Eric W. Biederman ebiederm+eric@npwt.net
09 Feb 1998 23:34:58 -0600

>> : Maneesh
>> Sorry for bringing out a beaten topic.
FR> You're welcome. Perhaps a search on the mailing-list archives would help...
FR> 	http://www2.tunes.org/tunes/list/

>> I saw the Juice page, very impressed.
FR> Impressive.

Halfway so.  They haven't yet achieved what they hope to.

They get performance (by their one measurements) equal to Java JIT compilers,
which on practical benchmarks is only a factor of 2 faster than Java bytecodes.
And noticebly slower than C++.

One thing the Juice people neglect is the fact that postfix stack
code, is an abstract syntax tree layed down in a certain order, for
evaluation.   At least it is very nearly so.

Taking that into consideration they appear to have gained very little
except a domain specific compressor.

And in both cases you need to design the language your syntax tree is in.

Fare's
The FIT idea sounds good.  At least for templates (That is generic
functions implemented specifically as c++ does), and similiar things.

I'll keep it in mind.

Of course that's just another way of saying FAT, but one of the
formats should be runnable everywhere.  Perhaps the only format.

Eric