The order of development

David Manifold dem@tunes.org
Sun, 19 Jul 1998 16:06:30 +0000 (GMT)

I think I've changed my mind...

Writing a spec is like trying to write the document before the program.
What if the program idea changes during development?  So, I think I'll
dive right in and start making something.  Actually, waiting for a done
spec before starting implementation is a concession to expediency.  If a
spec is already written, the product can be implemented immediately
without any false starts or rewriting.  Of course, it probably takes
longer to write the spec without having any idea what you're specifying,
so I'm going to take some false starts as a Good Thing(tm).

It's kind of like this project never even started.  Maybe if I have some
lousy code that just gives an idea of what we're looking for... at the
very least there will be a topic for discussion on this list.

Flames and comments appreciated.

Happy Tunesing!

David Manifold <dem@tunes.org>