Dylan?

Christopher R. Barry cbarry@2xtreme.net
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 12:26:18 -0800

Common Lisp is vastly more powerful than Dylan, and Harlequin is one of
the largest Common Lisp vendors. Recently Harlequin fired a number of
the people they hired away from Symbolics, and appear to be
restructuring.

On the Mac with the MacOS, you can get Macintosh Common Lisp (MCL),
which is about the nicest commercial Lisp there is, and certainly the
most cost-effective. I recently asked on comp.lang.lisp about the
cheapest way to get my hands on the Common Lisp Interface Manager (CLIM)
for Linux, and the only way is to buy a several thousand dollar
commercial license from Allegro (same applies to Windows). The cost of
Allegro's license is more than what a nice G3 Mac with an MCL (with full
CLIM) subscription would cost. So if you got a Mac, you've got the most
attractive platform for Common Lisp development there is.

Christopher