Reflecting on reflective computing.

Tril dem@tunes.org
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 20:42:59 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 22 Oct 1998, David Jeske wrote:

> [Computers become obsolete in 50 years]

Bah.  They will still work.  Run TUNES on 'em, and get more power out of
'em.

> [Be glad for current apps]

I'll let someone else enjoy using current apps while I write tunes.

> [Installed base]

Realize that having all the baggage of an installed base means there is a
special group of priviledged people who have the knowledge of how to use
the system, and others who don't.  Yes, backward compatibility can exist
for those who use computers now.  But the system must not depend on this
backward compatibility in any way.

> [Tunes can exist in another system]

I have no argument with you.  It doesn't matter to me where TUNES first
appears.

David Manifold <dem@tunes.org>