Leader, anyone?

Tril dem@tunes.org
Sun, 25 Oct 1998 01:10:23 -0700 (PDT)

Brian Rice said "I hoped when I joined that the evidence of slow progress
on the web site was only a superficial observation." and called for some
"real work to get done".

Chris Barry said "Can we try and focus and unify the effort more, or is
this not possible for many reasons?"

Dan Bethe said: "I'm mighty excited to work on a system that you and Fare
have described.", "how much code is written?  is it possible yet?", and
"what are the implementation hurdles?"

In the last message, I clarified TUNES as an idealistic project, but we
actually have 3 separate implementations striving toward that ideal.  Any
of us encourage comments and contributions from outside, and we will be
using the list to crystallize the specification for the shared TUNES
project.

Therefore, we are now moving forward, and we are unifying effort.  At this
point it is difficult to collaborate on individual implementations because
of lack of terminology.  However, as the implementations progress, and as
we hash out an agreed-on system called TUNES, I expect all 3 projects to
become interoperable, and eventually unify.  If this does not happen, I
still hope to collaborate on sharing ideas as long as possible.

Cheers,

David Manifold <dem@tunes.org>

p.s. Fare: would it help if you thought of it as a race to see who could
get the system bootstrapped first?  How else can we help you motivate
yourself?