to brian

David Manifold dem@pacificrim.net
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 18:34:13 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 26 Oct 1998, RE01 Rice Brian T. EM2 wrote:

> >> However, I already have plans to turn it into a proto-Tunes system, with
> >> horrible efficiency at first, which will allow us to have a persistent
> >> system to reason about in terms of its semantical problems as well as
> >> its efficiency problems.  For instance, I'm interested to know what kind
> >> and how large the minimal object system will be which can reason about
> >> itself (on the VM) in a computationally-complete way.
> >Do you want to reason about semantic and efficiency problems in e-mail,
> >talking about the system, or do you want to do that reasoning within the
> >system itself?  Please clarify.
>
> I would like both for us to reason about the semantic and efficiency
> problems in the mail, and for the system to 'reason' about mathematical
> domains.  I will return the latter's results to those who find that
> interesting.

Well... now what semantic problems.  Anyway, I am trying to develop my
system to have as few problems as I progress as possible (No, there may
be some and I may even have to start over but I'm still trying to avoid
that).  It sounds like you don't know what problems there are yet but you
need to write something first.  True?

David Manifold <dem@pacificrim.net>