No subject

Tril dem@tunes.org
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 13:37:58 -0800 (PST)

> [def. of Reflection inadequate for Brian's machine model...]
> For instance, whence the said
> "ability" derives in a human-computer system is distributed in a highly
> complex way between the human and the computer for most systems.
>
> [...deleting the entire system...]
> [deleting the development environment]

I will try to answer this whole message in one paragraph.
I don't see why reflection is part done by the user and part by the
computer.  Every operation should be invokable by the user or computer
equivalently.  Therefore, the system does not have a separate API for
programs and for user interface.  Instead each object has its own abstract
syntax.  It is unclear how much of the system can be trimmed down because
the system depends on itself many times over.  Be certain that the
fine-grain orthogonality (lack of interdependence between small parts)
allows you to remove anything that is not needed.

David Manifold <dem@tunes.org>