An approach for implementing TUNES

June Kerby magister@ns4.tecinfo.net
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 01:01:23 -0500 (CDT)

> I tend to think that there should be several specifications of
> "drawing a line". Because, sometimes you just don't care if
> antialiasing is done an how it is done, and sometimes you really care
> about the precise value of each pixel (if are implementing
> antialiasing for instance). Given the context, one level of
> abstraction is better than others.
>
> Laurent

Yes, when TUNES is done users should be able to tweak how they want their
system to work. They could tell the system that fast ugly lines are better
than slow antialiased ones or the other way around. The user would not
normally accomplish this by redefining "line", because this would not change
what was meant when they or someone else said "line" earlier. We should
stay away from confusing syntax when meaning ...

- Brent Kerby ("Iepos")