specs

Eric W. Biederman ebiederm+eric@ccr.net
01 Jan 1999 12:45:54 -0600

>> An simple example:
>> At work we are given descriptions of output files that need to be
>> created from our database.  We are told the record size.
>> The starting and ending position of each field.
>> The way data should be represented in each field.
>> A description of what data should be placed in each field.
>>
RB> i'm not sure how this relates to this case.  could you explain in a more
RB> explicit way?

I was attempt to explain what a good specification by way
of analogy.

It was my hope that I wouldn't have to get involed past the point
of showing the need for specs.  Ah beautiful dreams.

What I will do is write a spec for specs, which
should provide a good example, as well as a clear explanation of what
I mean.

Then I will critique any specs on how well they meet my criterion for
specs.

See you in a little while when it is done.

Eric