Splitting the list

Basile STARYNKEVITCH Basile.Starynkevitch@wanadoo.fr
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 22:37:35 +0100 (CET)

    Tril> This list is getting high traffic, and it will get even more
    Tril> when I add all the UniOS members to it.  I propose splitting
    Tril> the list by topic.

The precedent is the low level language Tunes list (tunes-lll). It
simply doesn't work, and all discussion is (and IMHO should be) on the
main Tunes list.

I think that as long as Tunes is only vaporware (ie specifications)
and not running software, we should keep one single list.

When some running software will be Tunes like, it will be time to
change. I also thing that Tunes it to ambitious a project to work the
first time: in other words, I think that they will be *several*
"competing" Tunes systems. Actually, it would be emulation (in the
social, human sense).

--

Basile STARYNKEVITCH - 8 rue de la Faiencerie, 92340 BOURG LA REINE (France)
tel 01.46.65.45.53. mél = basile point starynkevitch at wanadoo point fr