Approach for implementing TUNES

Iepos iepos@bespin.cx
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 19:44:41 -0500 (CDT)

My proposal for implementing TUNES has been slightly updated... It can be
found as before at www.tunes.org/~iepos/proposal.html. Also, I wrote an
introduction to lambda calculus and combinatory logic at
www.tunes.org/~iepos/lambda.html.

I've started working on a system in C to implement that proposal. However,
it has no chance of working unless I find some information on
how to reduce pure combinatory logic expressions efficiently. If anyone
knows where I could find some good information, please let me know...

And ... by the way, Brian, I've almost finished reading your arrow draft.
I still don't understand exactly how you are going to use arrows to
represent information, but I'm trying. Also, aren't you going to need an
inference system (that draws arrows that are "logical consequences" of
existing ones, in an attempt to find useful conclusions that the system
can act on) to make the whole thing work?

- Brent Kerby ("Iepos")