filtering or moderating the Tunes Lisp (I Hat Spam)

Tril dem@tunes.org
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 15:32:09 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, Basile STARYNKEVITCH wrote:

> As most of us, I hate Spam and other UCE.
>
> Perhaps the Tunes list owner might either moderate or just filter the list.
>
> (If the list automaton is Majordomo, adding filtering -ie restricting
> mail to the list only from subscribers- is easy and filtering is done
> automatically).
>
> I prefer non moderation with filtering.

ok, it's done.  I am now moderating posts from non-subscribers.  If you
are on any of the tunes lists, posts to any tunes list will go through
right away, but if you are not on any, you will have to wait for me to
approve it (I check my e-mail often, so it's not bad).  Say goodbye to
spam.  For myself, I have convinced myself in a twisted sort of way that
spam is good because the more I get, the better my spam filters get.
E-mail me for procmail recipies :)

I also updated the tunes page.  Announced a server (software) upgrade on
the main page, and changed collaboration.html slightly: no ftp2 exists
currently, and the new CVSROOT should end with @cvs.tunes.org:/cvs).

If there are no serious server problems I will work on tunes specs more
this week :)   I know how anxious you all are, so I'm doing my best.

David Manifold <dem@tunes.org>
This message is placed in the public domain.