Brian's Arrow System

Tril dem@tunes.org
Thu, 27 May 1999 13:47:17 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 27 May 1999, Maneesh Yadav wrote:

> So you're going to set back your development effort so you can say you
> wrote a the bottom part of the OS?

Tom and Fare are working together (I don't know how fast) on designing a
small scheme-like interpreter to run on top of Retro.  This would be the
continuation of Fare's old goal of bootstrapping the HLL by refining a
Scheme interpreter until it met his requirements for HLL.  I think his
basic idea has not changed since
http://www.tunes.org/list/tunes/9601/msg00021.html

I posted my idea of the future, which involves the coming together of all
the separate projects within TUNES.  Please understand the exact way it
will come together is unknown.  When I said tunes.lsp will combine with
arrow and get implemented on retro, maybe it will happen differently,
that's just a possibility.  Don't read too much into it.  The important
thing is we keep looking for ways that these separate projects *could*
come together.

David Manifold <dem@tunes.org>
This message is placed in the public domain.