(very long) development styles

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel@tunes.org
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 12:35:08 -0300

Sami,

Thanks for your O'Caml solution to the Peg Solitaire problem. I think
you have illustrated the Functional Programming style very well. In
fact, your code resembles what I did in Logo (which is not really a
functional language, but is a Lisp dialect).

Your three search algorithms were very interesting. The last one reminds
me of the heuristic for solving the problem of having a knight visit
each square on a chess board exactly once. There you look ahead one
move and choose for the next step the option that will leave you with
the fewest choices in the following step (hardly intuitive, but it does
work).

-- Jecel