Emergence of behavior through software

Billy Tanksley btanksley@hifn.com
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 13:40:25 -0800

From: Alan Grimes [mailto:alangrimes@starpower.net]
>I move that we declare Lynn H. Maxson a moron and boot him from the
>list. =\

I oppose the motion.  Lynn doesn't always communicate clearly, but his goals
are not out of line with Tunes' goals (IMO).  He also appears to have no
malice, and indeed is quite patient about explaining his sometimes
absurd-sounding views.

Further, this proposal is incorrectly linked, and therefore should be
rejected on procedural grounds: a list action declaring Lynn a moron would
have authority only on this list, so passing a resolution simultaniously
labeling him and denying his legal existance (for the purposes of this list)
would cause a hole in the space-time continuum.

I suggest that you withdraw your motion, and resubmit it as two seperate
motions, preferably allowing the first motion (declare [him] a moron) to
pass or fail before submitting the second motion.

-Billy
P.S. I'm kidding, as I'm moderately sure you were.