Refactoring in Tunes

Massimo Dentico m.dentico@teseo.it
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 02:55:52 +0100

btanksley@hifn.com wrote:
[...]
> the better.  I posted a link to the 'Joy' page a bit earlier; take a look
> for a study of computation theory completely without lambda calculus.

A quote from "Overview of the language JOY"
- http://www.latrobe.edu.au/www/philosophy/phimvt/j00ovr.html

One of these is a combinator  for mapping elements of one list via
a function to another list. Consider the program:

        [1 2 3 4]  [dup *]  map
                   ^^^^^^^

Bill,  this is  a lambda (anonymous function)!  Joy remember me  a
little language,  False  (from the same  inventor  of the  Amiga E
language, Wouter van Oortmerssen).

False is a stack-based language with lambda (same notation, square
brackets).

False home page:
- http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~wvo96r/false/index.html

Wouter van Oortmerssen  home page  (hacked  by  the japanese  ABBA
fanclub :-)
- http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~wvo96r/

--
Massimo Dentico