Lambda (was: Refactoring in Tunes)

Laurent Martelli martelli@iie.cnam.fr
13 Jan 2000 05:40:27 +0100

  Massimo> Surely OIL is not so big compared to other interpreters but
  Massimo> you need a C++ compiler to bootstrap it and an host OS to
  Massimo> run it (as the vast majority of the existing interpreters
  Massimo> and compilers).

The need of C++ compiler is just an implementation issue. i could very
have written in assemblor, and it would be as portable. At that point,
it would be fairly easy to compile OIL into a "kernel" that can
bootstrap on bare hardware. But I don't see any need for this. At
least now. I just felt that to start with, C++ was a good compromise
between portability and efficiency.

--
Laurent Martelli
martelli@iie.cnam.fr