Design Process (was: Re: Refactoring...)

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 22:32:24 +0100

On Tue, Jan 11, 2000 at 10:28:02PM -0800, Jason Marshall wrote:
> I'm curious what design processes one uses on large functional
> projects, and, more to the point,
> how might one work within a 'metaprogramming' framework?
> How do you divide and conquer?  Unit test?  Debug?
> Interface to legacy code?
I can't say, because I don't have that much experience yet.
I guess it's almost like with other systems, except that
in your design iterations, you also modify your development tools
so as to adapt them to your needs.
I think that language developers already do that kind of things;
but in presence of non-reflective languages, they are "privileged" users.

[ "Faré" | VN: Уng-Vû Bân | Join the TUNES project!   http://www.tunes.org/  ]
[ FR: François-René Rideau | TUNES is a Useful, Nevertheless Expedient System ]
[ Reflection&Cybernethics  | Project for  a Free Reflective  Computing System ]
``gode'' in french (pronounce as ``god'' in english) means a dildo; the latin
word for god is ``deus'', which pronounces like the tennis scoring term
``deuce'' in english. How can anyone see anything intrinsically holy in words?
		-- Faré