Schools for OS/PL/DS Research

Gary Duzan gary@gduzan.static.shore.net
Sat, 08 Jul 2000 20:50:00 -0400

   Hello everyone. Some of you might remember me from long ago from
the Moose project and early Tunes days. (If so, you have a better
memory than I do.) I've been on and off the list in lurk mode for
a while, to a large extent because I was busy with other things
and I didn't feel like I had the background to contribute. However,
I'm now looking to head back to school to work on a Ph.D., with a
focus on the application of programming language technologies to
building systems software and distributed systems. Of course, if
I manage to pull that off, I'd be insane not to be more active
here.  For now, though, I'm still looking for schools which would
have good support for these areas of research, and I'm looking for
suggestions. CMU, with their Fox project, is at the top of my list,
but I'd feel a lot better with a couple other places to look. If
anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate them.
   Thanks.

					Gary D. Duzan