Diktuon, the Tunes Web Database, and Slate (soon to be) News

Brian Rice water@tscnet.com
Sat, 03 Jun 2000 11:23:27 -0700

Hello again, all

This is *not* ready for production work just yet, but I fealt that the
amount of work being done on this long-belated Tunes administrative project
deserves some notification.

At http://diktuon.arrow.cx (Yes, that's *my* domain name), you'll find the
entry to a new architecture for Tunes documentation development. You can't
edit it without password authorization (we hope :), but it doesn't support
namespaces (at the immediate moment). At any rate, there's an overview of
the syntax for the nodes to be entered and how inter-node links are
specified. The whole idea is to have a strongly modular documentation web.

My current findings on Slate and Arrow will go there, and I'm doing all of
my enhancements to the original Tunes structure there, incrementally. Slate
is very close to a final specification, but I'm working pretty continuously
on various things at once, including the DB.

Tunes members are more than welcome to contact Corey, the DB administrator
for the moment, and ask for access to manipulate nodes. I'm not leaving his
email address here. I suggest you use the #tunes IRC channel to contact him
and discuss it there. Of course you should study the existing structure and
way we're doing business before you add to it, so that we know what changes
have to be made when they must be made. (And yes, several system-wide
changes are planned.)

The entire OS, Language, and Reflection review sections have yet to be
started, so it's a perfectly good time to begin there.

Thanks,
~

"Every day, computers are making people easier to use."