Survey - who's listening?

Sean Hogan shogun70@bigpond.com
Tue Jun 19 04:09:01 2001

Armed with moderate intoxication, but leaving behind common sense and
dignity, Beren the One-handed rides into the fray.

I'm listening.
I have lots of questions but not sure how many I will be able to express.

My background may (or may not) have anything to do with my ignorance and my
questions... so here it is:
- electrical engineering at Uni (don't think I ever really used it in the
workplace)
- programming in C and assembler (both of these primarily for signal
processing apps)
- no formal set theory or logic (except boolean algebra)
- I have never used Smalltalk or Squeak, and haven't tried out Arrows (I
think I've got some sort of a grip on your Arrows intro)

Questions:
- does Arrows have some sort of equivalent to C's struct??
i guess what i'm asking is "how does Arrows implement complex
types/objects??"
on 2nd thoughts... how does set theory handle complex types??
- i don't understand your use of incidence, composition, elements...
is this set theory?? is it related to the first question??  are there any
papers i should read?? should i head off and join concatenative??
- where do you see Arrows fitting into the TUNES framework??
	- High/low level (or both)
- ummm, i've just realised that all my other Arrows specific questions
relate to this last one, which means i can shut up early... lucky dogs.

cheers,
SDH

PS How will slate be a subset of Arrows??
SELF looked very interesting
	- i understood it straight away
	- i could see limitations, but also scope for modifying it to avoid those
Can i see an example of (visionary) slate syntax??