Local Set Theory

Armin Rigo arigo@ulb.ac.be
Sat, 3 Mar 2001 20:44:15 +0100 (MET)

Hello everybody,

I updated the prototype using local set theory and category theory at:
   http://homepages.ulb.ac.be/~arigo/bazar/infobase/

There are now germs for a meta-system. The prototype knows about "natural
numbers" in the mathematical sense, without any actual representation (it
has got no large integers library). A function defined on these natural
numbers is then evaluated on a machine-sized number to produce an actual
output.

However, I will not consider this meta-system complete enough as long as
we cannot define an elementary automated GC inside of the language. This
very feature, as central as it seems to me, is to my knowledge found in no
current programming language, but I might be wrong... any pointers ?

Armin