The web site

Massimo Dentico m.dentico@virgilio.it
Tue Dec 3 03:47:03 2002

Brian T Rice wrote:

> However, my important consideration is the main site, which is in CVS. At
> http://tunes.org/~seaslug/ , you'll find a Scribe-driven replication of
> the languages review page. I may just insert the output to replace the
> existing page for now, since it is at least more regular in grammar. Does
> anyone have another idea? Generally I think that without objections or
> suggestions that any effort on the actual site would be appreciated.

I want to divide the review and glossary pages into one page for each item
(language, OS, word ...), preserving the original pages as indexes and other
sparse material. Any objection?

Jeff Cutsinger:

 > My experience is that scribe isn't very good. It's problematic in many ways,
 > for example the poor quality of the output (this can be partially fixed).

Probably is sufficient a simple type-setting language developed as Common Lisp
macros. Unfortunately I'm not proficient with CL currently, but Araneida

   Araneida - http://www.cliki.net/Araneida

a CL web server, on which CLiki is based, *seems* to have such a thing;
someone have any experience with this?

As *output* I think that HTML+CSS is sufficiently flexible even for printing;
as "proof" I point out this DTP package:

   Cascade DTP - http://www.price-media.demon.co.uk/cascade.html

So, at least initially, we don't needs a plethora of differents output
formats.

Brian T Rice wrote:

> I'm mostly just tired of being associated with a project that looks so
> dead ..

Sadly, I agree. But even with modest effort we can improve this situation,
let's start to work!

Regards.

--
Massimo Dentico