Term "Configuration"

Armin Rigo arigo@tunes.org
Thu Apr 24 23:16:07 2003

Hello Mario,

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 09:58:37AM -0400, Mario Blazevic wrote:
>     Yup. I said that configuration is a more general thing than my
> environment. What I don't quite understand yet is how is a configuration
> applied to configure a program (or library, or a bunch of objects) and
> alter its behavior.

I thought it'd be worth pointing out that just like you when I first read
about "configuration" I was thinking in the sense of a set of user-definable
parameters (the "configuration dialog box" of many GUI programs, or the ".xyz"
configuration files).

Brian's sense is "a collection of objects and relationships which hold over
them".

Armin