Cybernethics CLiki Area

Brian T Rice water@tunes.org
Thu Feb 27 12:33:02 2003

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Francois-Rene Rideau wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 11:43:09AM -0800, Brian T Rice wrote:
> >> [Is it easy to partition CLiki? If so, a Cybernethics cliki could be setup.]
> >
> > I agree. About partitioning CLiki, we could run two separate CLiki
> > instances within the same Lisp application, but the pages would not be
> > sharable without some very strange editing semantics.
> Well, if it's easy to at least put cross-partition pointers,
> and if possible, to move pages across border,
> then it should be ok, shouldn't it?

Not really. :P Witness the fact that the ALU CLiki hasn't had many of the
pages from the Lisp CLiki moved to it yet which rightfully should.

> > Probably the simplest thing that would work
> > would be to make a Cybernethics node on the
> > CLiki and have that act as an "alternate" index to the Tunes CLiki,
> > using its own topics and indices.
> That would be simplest. Let's start this way.

Done. See http://cliki.tunes.org/Cybernethics (which is indexed on the
main page) and edit to your heart's content!

Probably using "political essay" as a topic to distinguish them for
indexing much as "political term" has been would help. For now, though,
probably just building on what's there is good enough.

--
Brian T. Rice
LOGOS Research and Development