OT: GCed Forth-like language, proof checking and machine code generation (was: migrating to mediawiki)

Massimo Dentico m.dentico at virgilio.it
Wed Oct 19 20:47:16 PDT 2005

Brian Rice wrote:

> But does your software really matter when there
> is Factor?
>
> http://factor.sourceforge.net/
>
> Why not just merge with Factor and take the saved
> development time to do more interesting things?

Brian,

I know you don't read the TUNES-LLL mailing list anymore,
so you don't have the proper context.

Check this thread:

http://lists.tunes.org/archives/tunes-lll/2005-April/thread.html

He has particular needs and goals; as you can read in
that thread, I pointed out Factor (but not only) to him,
so he has consciously choosed to not use Factor.

For your convenience, I quote the relevant details here:

taken from the bottom of this message
http://lists.tunes.org/archives/tunes-lll/2005-April/000169.html

[see http://cliki.tunes.org/Coq]

Brian Rice wrote:

> Most TUNES members really do not follow what is
> actually going on in the wide world of computer
> science. That's worthless for this project, since
> the point is to provide a common convergence goal.
> The lone-wolf TUNES implementor is a FOOL.
>
> --
> Brian

Other context on the web site of his company:

http://www.pooq.com/

(it seems not reachable from here at the moment).

He is not exactly a "CS novice" (euphemism).

Regards.

--
Massimo dentico