New kid on the block / introduction

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at cesmail.net
Mon Oct 30 14:40:45 PST 2006

I just discovered the TUNES project yesterday, following trails on the
Internet (Linux assembly and various Forth interpreters). I was a Forth
hacker in the golden FIG days, but I haven't done much with it recently.
 Right now, I'm mostly interested in high-performance implementations of
the Ruby language ... virtual machines, assembly language kernels,
compiler hacks, etc.

In particular, I'm mostly interested in efficient use of multi-core
64-bit Intel and AMD processors on Linux platforms. Windows and MacOS
compatibility are less desirable -- I really want (to build) the
ultimate 64-bit multi-core multi-node distributed Ruby platform.