Sketch

Keith Poole keith.poole at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 08:14:12 PDT 2007

On 30 Jul 2007, at 02:05, Tom Novelli wrote:

> I thought some graphics would add a nice touch to the web site..
> here's something I'm working on:
>
> http://tom.bespin.org/sketch/
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> - Tom

Tom, I've been reading through your ideas and I think it's pretty
decent as a high-level system architecture,  I've got a few questions/
comments:

1.  IR - if you're planning to use a variant of Lisp as the runtime/
vm then would Lisp expressions become the IR (and possibly the HLM)
layer?

2.   I think it would be useful to integrate C into TUNES, simply
because of the vast amount of software available in that language
(though it could be contained in a 'sandbox' environment like
Javascript is in browsers)

3.   The 'Compembler' - would this be a set of high-level assemblers,
one for each architecture, or a generic one  which produces different
code for each processor?

4.  Reconciling the type systems - will be interesting :)

What do you think the first steps towards this should be?

Keith