Status Update

Matthew Tuck matty@box.net.au
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 22:54:45 +1030

Hi, this is just a quick message to let you know that I'm not dead.
I've been thinking a bit about the language, and how to describe it in a
syntax-independent way.  Anyway, I'll probably publish what I think
should be in the language shortly after new year.  It will probably not
be "minimal", but I don't anticipate an interpreter being a major
undertaking.

Hopefully a concrete language and then implementation will dramatically
help people visualise what's going on.  It won't be particularly
revolutionary for a while, all things in good time.  I feel something
has to be done right now.

On another note, I've been offered various services by one of the guys
behind the Tunes project.  Basically the first thing you'll probably see
is a much better automated and searchable message archive.  In future
there will be ftp and cvs capability for helping with development.
Having a friendly web server to be hosted on might ultimately lead to
more dynamic capability on the pages - we'll see.  So things are moving
along.

In case you're not up with the Web pages, check out the RC5 team on
there.  Also, my ICQ number is in my sig if anyone wants to add me to
their contact list.

--
     Matthew Tuck - Software Developer & All-Round Nice Guy
             mailto:matty@box.net.au (ICQ #8125618)