[unios] Re: Test

Anders Petersson anders.petersson@mbox320.swipnet.se
Wed, 02 Dec 1998 21:30:28 +0100

From: Anders Petersson <anders.petersson@mbox320.swipnet.se>

Hello all members, which (except for Beholder) I have not had the
opportunity to meet yet.

>3) The page layout is another issue of discussion with some members.  So
>I guess that's some starting threads, we can progress from there.

I am sending Beholder a layout suggestion this very minute. Let's see how
you like it.

>I'm also wondering if everyone can read HTML mail.  I'd like to write
>messages in HTML, simply because it allows for a lot of creativity and
>expression, which is good for discussing ideas.  However, if someone
>can't read HTML, I'd encourage them to get HTML mail program, or we will
>all have to write in plain text.  I don't think it matters if you write
>in plain text, I'd just like for you to be able to read HTML.

My email program can both view and generate mails in HTML, but myself I'll
stick to the usual, nonformatted way...

>I'm sure you all noticed the fact that the list is authentication
>required.  The list is not private to read, just to post.  Remember that
>when you post.

So anyone can join the list and get all mails? I thought you could change
that.

>BTW: "Better OS for EVERYONE" is also a proposed thread for discussion.
>Some people, just don't think it's possible ;)

I guess he's thinking of me... :) No, I find it hard to believe that a
system that is GOOD for everyone can be constructed... it doesn't sound
resonable. But I could be wrong...

Let me bring up an important topic: What properties are priorited in UniOS.

This is my alpha version priority list:
Primary goals: (implemented from the beginning)
1) Technically generic and good solutions
2) Flexibility/Portability
3) Stability
4) Security

Secondary goals: (implemented as time goes by)
5) Performance
6) Easy administration
7) Ease of use

Nice to have, but not that important: (maybe implemented)
8) Small size
9) Easy installation

I've probably missed some important things... I'm sure you can fill in the
gaps.
Note that I have put performance as no more than a secondary goal... I
think that could be something that not everybody agrees on.

C'ya later!
binEng