[unios] Re: Generic Design

Pieter Dumon Pieter.Dumon@rug.ac.be
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 12:28:08 +0100 (MET)

From: Pieter Dumon <Pieter.Dumon@rug.ac.be>

> From: Pat Wendorf <beholder@ican.net>
>
> > > This should be better protected by limiting each user to a certain size of
> > > storage or something.
> >
> > __Every__ OS limits the space users have on the system. (except for the
> > stupid DOS/win9x). Off course this is something that must be implemented.
>
> NT Doesn't have Quota's either...

DOESN'T IT ?????????????
Oh, indeed perhaps the workstation version doesn't. But the server version
has, I think. Never used it,though. On Unix, it's also just a system
service you can start and stop ...

 Pieter.Dumon@rug.ac.be

 http://studwww.rug.ac.be/~pdumon

 ICQ  : 12428974

At last! The perfect gifts for baseball fans...or anyone. Merchandise from
the Sonoma County Crushers, champions of the Western Baseball League (USA).
Go to http://www.icatmall.com/crushers