[unios] Re: Generic design. More comments

Pat Wendorf beholder@ican.net
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 16:36:01 -0500

From: Pat Wendorf <beholder@ican.net>

> Yes, other OS'es does this... in fact very much of what I want is already
> done - only that it's not done together before. This is unavoidable.

On the UniOS home page, I stated that "... a more natural solution can be made
with the technology we have now...".  Every good idea in the realm of computers
has already been thought up and implemented at one point or another, what we are
here for is to make it all work together in a logical coherent package, formed
around a well designed background OS :)

> >Of course, this is something very basic that should be really implemented.
> >I think it can be made fast too.
>
> Great. Good is good; good and fast is better. :)

Ok, I think we have to finish off the project goals  now.  I want to put the
project goals up on the page, in the order that we have all agreed on.  As it
stands (and it is easy to change), I will put them in this order:

1) Flexible
2) Stable/Reliable
3) Secure
4) Fast