[unios] Ladder?

Tril dem@tunes.org
Thu, 24 Dec 1998 18:57:26 -0800 (PST)

From: Tril <dem@tunes.org>

On Tue, 22 Dec 1998, Srikant Sharma (Chiku) wrote:

> From: "Srikant Sharma (Chiku)" <srikants@wipinfo.soft.net>
> I did not get any comments on the suggested ladder model of development ...
>
> I feel that any OS development initiative should follow the "Ladder Development"
> model .....

I'm not sure what message this was introduced in.  Is this it?  You
said:

> Well, making a generic frame work for every thing is altogether a
> different matter. An outer layout ..... a structural design which is
> generic can be possibly written (developed). Later on individual
> components can be coded (Following the Ladder Development model)  which
> are put on a machine according to the requirements.

If this is where you introduced this concept, I don't understand.
Could you explain the Ladder Development model in more detail?  But
someone did reply:  Pieter said, "I'm not too sure, but I think that
sounds like what we want."

The only other place the word "ladder" is found in the list (Pat said):

> Only one type of controller even has a linux port, and that's IDEC,
> which sucks... if you know anything about PLC programming, or ladder
> programming: IDEC does not allow branched output... ugggh... lots and
> lots of repetitive typing.

Is Pat's "ladder programming" also the same thing you are referring to?

David Manifold <dem@tunes.org>
This message is placed in the public domain.