[unios] ALL UNIOS MEMBERS: READ THIS AND COMMENT

Pat Wendorf beholder@ican.net
Thu, 31 Dec 1998 00:11:55 -0500

From: Pat Wendorf <beholder@ican.net>

We're on the verge of a new year, and UniOS is on the verge of
something great.  Before you jump the gun: It's not working code
:) However, it may be even better than that.  The ideas,
documents, and people that have made this project what it is now,
will be part of something bigger now.  The Tunes project has
asked for us, to help them.  In return, they offer us resources
and people. This is not a project merger, as both projects remain
entirely independent.  What we will share will be people, ideas,
documents, and resources (servers).  I have offered my services
in the form of project coordination to the Tunes effort, as they
believed they could benefit from what I did with UniOS (anyone
have a clue what that is? I'm mostly clueless :). The first step
will be getting them on our mailing list, or maybe us on theirs.
This was an agreement of mutual gain, as we (UniOS) are only at
13 members, and they are at somewhere around 100. However, they
currently don't have a coordinator, so it was beneficial to both
(actually me for 100 people is very unfair for Tunes... :).
Because of this added responsibility on my behalf, I will be
(finally) asking for help on the daily operation of the UniOS
project. Up to this point, I did pretty much everything,
including the page updates and the mailing list validations.  If
any member of the groups (wants a little power), feels they can
do either one of these, just ask.  I will probably be able to
handle the majority of this work, so occasional help would be
fine.  If any of the above worries you, or if you wish more
details on the reasoning for this huge step, please contact me in
the list, or privately.

--
Pat Wendorf