[unios] Re: Comments Concerning mOS Introduction

Faustino E Osuna osuna@CTC.Net
Sat, 02 Jan 1999 15:41:59 -0500

From: Faustino E Osuna <osuna@CTC.Net>

>From: Anders Petersson <anders.petersson@mbox320.swipnet.se>

>Objects can't usually hide anything for its parents (scaring, huh :) ).

Damn scary...but yet it provides more power to the parents.

>PS. We need a good terminology about this!!

I second that motion : |.

This is what I propose ;)

Alien-Object:
    Like you mentioned, objects not found within the system tree, meaning
objects from other machines

Grandparent-Object:
    n*Grandparent-Object - n = Generation (1*Grandparent) 1st generation
grandparent...etc.

Parent-Object:
Grandchild-Object:
    n*Grandchild-Object (Just like Grandparent);

Child-Object:
Sibling-Object:

Cousin-Object:
    Just as implied, objects from the sibling of the parent

Foriegn-Object:
    Object not in the immediate family, anything other than the Grandparent,
Parent, Sibling, and Cousin.

- Enrique

Disclaimer: Terminology is subject to change, depending on the hour of the
day the posts are written.