[unios] Project Coordinator Newsletter and Project Status Update

Pat Wendorf beholder@ican.net
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 18:35:05 -0500

I've noticed that I have not communicated with anyone in the last
little bit, so here is my first attempt at a possible project
newsletter.

Web Page News:

-  The web page counter has hit 1000+   I guess people are
interested :)  Some say that web page counters are lame, but it's
the only method I have of knowing what kind of traffic I am
getting on the project page, so I keep it around.

- No new documents in almost a month.  That's not a good thing,
but it's probably my lack of asking for documents (or for the
need).  I am currently working on a document that will be
continually updated, which outlines the problems that we have in
our current operating systems (justification for making a new
one), and possible solutions.  Almost like a plan (sounds more
organized ?).  I will give everyone access to update this
document and add things in, and post criticism.   I'm not sure of
the technical details, but I'm sure it can't be run from a public
server.

Server News:

-  The new UniOS server is sadly, not up yet.  As I stated
before, we *DO* have a server on the way, but it's taking longer
than I first suspected.

-  I'm facing another management dilemma :)  I'm not the greatest
at administering Linux, so if anyone has some free time, and
experience to donate, I would be appreciative :)

That's all I can think of, off the top of my head.  I will add
more, when more happens :)

--
Pat Wendorf