[unios] OS Business

Alan Grimes alangrimes@starpower.net
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 16:50:35 -0700

I have been griping about the blasted prototype for quite a while now. Even
still it is not over yet! But today I set that aside to discuss this project
from a different angle.

The overall goal of this project is to create a full-scale commercial quality OS
and then to create the Commercial venture that will deveolp, market, sell, and
most lucritavely support it. =) So the purpose of this message is to seek
potential business partners. This business will have to be local at first so I
will be unable to offer this to any people not on the east coast of the US. =(
However I don't discourage you from establishing your own companies in your
respective countries that will have access to the same source code and provide
support and sales services in your local regions. But unfortunately I will have
to concentrate development at one location at first untill I have something that
is big enough to subdivide and contract out to other people.

Here is a partial list of peoples I will need:

Salesmen. - Sell it to stores and make sure it gets on the shelf...
Bean counters - make sure everybody gets paid.
Mathematicians - Absolutly vital to the design effort.
Support people - The companie's main source of revenue.
Writers - To write all 1,200 pages of documentation.
Computer scientists - Software analysis (Tell me when I'm being crazy)
Language Experts - Both computer and human languages, code and text translation.
Operating System Experts - I will probably be enough =P but I could use help!
Sofware Engineers. - I can do much of this but I will need a backup or two.
Programmers....
more programmers....
Other programmers....
Shrinks - Keep me sane, and to help design User interfaces...
Lawyer - Protection from microsoft and Uncle Sam... =(
morons - Testing.

Naturally in the early stages many of these people will be wearing several hats.
Okay that should be enough ranting for today...

I realize that some of you may recieve this twice or want to be taken off this
list just flame me and I'll take care of it... :)