[unios] Project update.

Alan Grimes ogrimes@bellatlantic.net
Fri, 05 Mar 1999 07:57:19 -0800

I believe Beholder will be recieving this from the Unios at tunes.org list, The
message is primarily to him but it concerns everybody. After much concideration
I have decided to change tack on the entire project. The orrigional goal was a
totally hardware independant software platform. I nolonger believe that this is
fesable in the near term. In the last few months I have discovered that
computation is many times more sublime and abstract than I had previously
thought it to be. Most certainly I barely have only a fraction of the grounding
in mathematics that is neccessary to achieve my orrigional goal. It is quite
probable that new mathematical discoveries will have to be made before it is
even possible to write a totally platform independant OS. This concerns Beholder
because he was advocating my old plans or very similar plans last night on IRC.
	Where do we go from here? I believe that the best course of action at this time
is to take Linux or OSKit and customize it so that it meets my definition of
user friendly. To that end I will spend the next 6 months finally learning LiNuX
as it is today so I can start plan how to rewrite it.
I will also start studying math in an attempt to come up with that new
discovery! :)

I would like to welcome the two new names to the list. I hope that they will
continue to show intrest in the project.

I realize that some of you may recieve this twice or want to be taken off this
list just flame me and I'll take care of it... :)