[unios] Re: Hackers needed

Pieter Dumon Pieter.Dumon@rug.ac.be
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 07:55:17 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Pat Wendorf wrote:

> I have someone working on it right now, if nothing comes of it I will post the
> passwd file on this list (providing no one minds).

Are you NUTS? (Sorry for the strong language, but...). That's asking for
trouble!

> I was told the root password
> is quite long (thus harder to crack).

Ok. I hope it's at least 8 characters long.

> BTW:  What is the nature of the firewall that you have to go through? I have a
> cache/proxy on my home system for multiple computer internet access, and I've
> gotten everything running through it without much of a problem. I think the only
> condition is, you have to have a SOCKS based proxy.  Is it worth trying some
> programs, or would you get in trouble for it?

You won't get trouble, you only won't get through probably. No problem.
Perhaps the firewall only works form outside to inside?

Pieter

 Pieter.Dumon@rug.ac.be
 pdumon@vtk2.rug.ac.be

 http://studwww.rug.ac.be/~pdumon