Parrot VM (was Re: [virtmach] Merry Xmas -- And how are your VMs going?

Timothy Knox virtmach@iecc.com
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 19:43:55 -0600

Somewhere on Shadow Earth, Murray, Peter C wrote:

>Its been a VERY long time since I've seen any traffic on this list.  I hope
>you're all doing well.

Yes, it has been a long time. But in the spirit of this list, can anyone
point me to papers on the web about the design and implementation plans
for the Parrot VM (the new VM to unify Perl, Python, Java, and others). I
have found the Parrot FAQ and the opcode description, but neither really
tell me what I am looking for. I am interested in the design, the
tradeoffs, the choices they made. Any information would be appreciated.
Thank you. :)
--
Timothy Knox  --  <mailto:tdk@thelbane.com>
"Stupidity is like nuclear power. It can be used for good or evil,