Parrot VM (was Re: [virtmach] Merry Xmas -- And how are

Timothy Knox virtmach@iecc.com
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 21:11:28 -0600

Somewhere on Shadow Earth, Jim Douglas wrote:

>http://www.oreilly.com/news/parrotstory_0401.html

No, I am not talking about the practical joke, but instead the actual,
serious work that arose from the joke. See:
<http://www.parrotcode.org/>

But what I am really seeking is an explanation of why they made certain
choices rather than others. The FAQ answers a few, such as why a
register-based VM instead of stack-based, but I would like more
explanation, if it exists.
--
Timothy Knox  --  <mailto:tdk@thelbane.com>
"Stupidity is like nuclear power. It can be used for good or evil,