[virtmach] VM with garbage collection

David Rush virtmach@iecc.com
12 Jan 2002 21:20:37 +0000

David Rush <kumo@bellsouth.net> writes:
> "Stephan H.M.J. Houben" <stephanh@win.tue.nl> writes:
> > Some approaches I have considered:
> > 2. Apparently, the Smalltalk 80 VM splits a code vector in 2 parts:
> > 3. One could also directly embed the pointers in the instruction stream
> >    and have a separate table that gives the offsets of all pointers

I clearly did not have my head screwed on straight when I made my
response. The two-part code vector is isomorphic to a function plus
its lexical closure. Sorry.

david rush
--
In no other country in the world is the love of property keener or
more alert than in the United States, and nowhere else does the